Friday, February 10, 2012

Arizona's centennial...



From our local paper

Arizona became a state on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14, and the article described how that came to be. "At precisely the hour of ten o'clock, Wednesday morning, Feb. 14, 1912, President Taft affixed his signature to the proclamation making Arizona the 48th state of the union. The news was received in Mohave County by the firing of 48 heavy charges of dynamite in Kingman. There were demonstrations of joy throughout town. In the afternoon services in commemoration of the joyful event were held in the Elks Opera House, that edifice being crowded by the school children and residents of the community."



For more centennial news

KINGMAN - It's Arizona's 100th birthday weekend, with a number of events in Kingman marking the occasion.

--
I will not be tolerant. I will not be politically correct. I will not be silent. I will speak the truth. I will do all that is in my power to oppose the Marxist subversion and destruction of this Country and I will not go quietly.

No comments:

Life update.