Thursday, May 3, 2012

Long time no blog...


The Wife's first snake of the year


Been awhile since I posted anything, lots of political crap going on at work, so I haven't had the time or energy to do much around the ranch, hence not a lot going on the blog. I have been spending a lot of time on Twitter, which right now has my attention more than reading or writing blogs.
Spring has completely sprung, and with it 3 foot tall weeds! So today we spent 5hrs with shovels and rakes in our hands. The ranch looks great, and it will make seeing the slithering creatures a bit easier. The wife's Birthday was yesterday, and her present was a small 2.5 foot Mojave Green rattler, that she almost stepped on. Which is reason number one for the spring cleanup! My absentee will be for at least another week, week and a half. We have a camping trip lined up for Mothers day weekend at the river, so don't be expecting any revelations!

Till next time.



-------
My insanity on display
www.pioneeringaz.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Izzy said...

I hate snakes! We have the pigmy and eastern diamond back here in Central Florida, along with the Copperhead and Cottonmouth. Yuk, Yuk, and Yuk! The numbers are way down, since we cleared the remaining half acre or so, but they still seem to cross our paths. I may take to wearing shin guards..

Beardedoverland said...

We have the Western Coon Tail Diamond back and the Mohave Green (which has a dual venom, very dangerous snake, and it is highly aggressive) Last year we killed 22 snakes, most of those were Diamond backs. There is twice the vegetation this year, and twice the mouse population, so we are guessing twice the snakes. I hope we are wrong!

Decorative Art by Robin said...

I'm sorry about the crap at work, I feel the same way. I hate snakes! Saw one on Castle Rock yesterday so know they are out, you guys be careful, get cats. :(

Life update.