Friday, October 5, 2018

Had to take the Sportage in!



Had to take my 2016 Kia Sportage into the shop Monday at 59,397 miles, because I lost the AWD (All Wheel Drive) system, which sent 100% of the power to the front wheels only. After taking it the shop, they made arrangements to for me to get a rental car, since they would have to replace the transmission, transfer case, rear coupler (Rear differential for those old school people) and a rear axle. It appears as though there was some water that got into the housings and corroded the electrical contacts. That and somehow there was some significant damage to the axle. Their original estimate was three to four weeks, however they got it done in four days.

Now I know what you're thinking, "that must have cost a fortune!" Normally you would be correct, however it's a KIA and is covered completely by their warranty. In fact since they gave me a hybrid Optima it cost me an astonishing $4 to fill it up before returning it.


So after all the work done, it runs like a champ! Thank you Kia and Martin Swanty Kia for a great product, and for standing behind your warranty! (I'm sure results may vary)

No comments:

Life update.