Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Very important question...

Take the time to rebuild, or sale for scrap? 

I should mention, we’ve had this since the showroom and it has 197k and a new engine sitting in the garage. Top has been on it most of the time and it was garaged for the first 20 years. #overlandbound #LifeDecisions


So I'm thinking this machine needs to be rebuilt. Here's what I'm thinking....

  • New motor
    • From radiator to tail pipe, 
    • Going all mechanical eliminating all the 1985 smog headaches, going back to an old school carburetor.
  • New braking system, from master to all four slave cylinders (why it was parked five years ago)
  • New tank, and fuel system
  • Exterior I would like to add stock graphics then wax the original paint, however the fiberglass top needs to be repainted.
  • Wheels, I'm digging the solid painted rims, however chrome has a special place in my heart! 
  • Interior is like new, just need front seats and a new carpet kit


Here's a pic from around 1992
So that's my vision for the build, now to win the lottery so I can afford it!

No comments:

Life update.