Friday, July 24, 2020

Today is Pioneer Day... what is Pioneer Day? It is an official holiday celebrated on July 24 in the American state of Utah, with some celebrations taking place in regions of surrounding states originally settled by Mormon pioneers. It commemorates the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847 so who cares? It’s kinda cool to take the day and remember the hardships that those early settlers faced in 1847. I had two families that were in the “Brigham train” that arrived that day. In fact the Westover and Bartholomew marriage was the first one recorded in the Great Salt Lake Valley... they were my great, great, great something or others. So today as I traveled in comfort with entertainment, air conditioning, and at seventy miles an hour, I thought about the those tired, stressed, hungry pioneers here to start a new life. From my homestead to yours, have a great Pioneer Day.


No comments:

Life update.