Thursday, March 1, 2012

My schedule is all messed up

Next couple of weeks, and probably all spring long, my employer has seen fit to split my days off. Makes getting into a working groove on the ranch that much harder. Today we ran a few errands in town, then came out and put some finishing touches on the goat pen.
Originally I had opted to line the pen with field fence. Great idea if the dumb animals wouldn't stick their heads through it, and forget which way is out. Seriously my goats are not the smartest.
So this afternoon we went over the field fence with cyclone fencing we had taken down in front of our house in California... Some ten years ago. Nothing like recycling. We just wrapped the pen again and hog-ringed it to the field fence. Now I think they'll get the hint. So far they seem to be adapting to the new larger space well. They are able to jump around and act like crazy goats. Now that's what I call fast food!



-------
My insanity on display
www.pioneeringaz.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Brenda Nelson said...

I have a little hobby farm in Alberta, I actually preferred having my days off split up, it made it easier for me to keep up on things on the farm that way - especially mowing as otherwise when my days off were together it always seemed to be raining on both of them.

Life update.