Sunday, July 28, 2019

Something to think about....

"The argument for saving time has become an end upon itself. No one is willing to ask the scary question, "save time for what?" or, "what is the cost?" Are our lives really more spiritually full and complete now that we are surrounded by "time-saving" devices that must be served by us, no matter the cost?

At the root of this deception is the question "What are we here for?" If God put me here to be perfected as I am digging post holes and planting a garden and building fences, am I really well served to be able to do all of that in 1/4 of the time with a machines that do the job for me, separating me from the lessons God intends for me to learn...?"

From Surviving Off-Grid

The author has made a point that Technology in itself has not really done anything for us. All our "time-saving" devices we have around us hasn't given us any more free time, than what we had before them. Because we have to work just that much harder and longer to afford and maintain them. No time has ever been saved from any task, but it has been shifted too doing something else, and in many occasions that something else has separated us from the God or our creation.

Really into this book... 15% into it... Talking about free time, I really have to put this down and do something today... ;)
--------------------------------------------------
My insanity on display www.pioneeringaz.blogspot.com

No comments:

Life update.