Monday, March 1, 2021

Making plans...



I would love to either buy a slide in camper or a tow behind RV, in preparation of a trip to bear country, but that's in the neighborhood of $35-40k! Not counting the needed prep for the truck. 
So I wanted to give it a thought, on what we needed verses what we wanted. We would love a bathroom, kitchen, and walking around room. What we need is someplace safer than a tent to sleep and more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. 
So I took a few measurements, if I put a truck topper on, built a 10 in high pedestal I could fit an RV Queen size mattress, and still have enough headroom to sit up in side. We can camp cook on the tailgate, use a pop up privy to change and clean up.  
I could do that, for less than $3k. I'm sure it wouldn't decrease my mileage, it probably would gain me a mile or two. 
It may be the most bang for the dollar, especially since our nations political climate, will make fuel more precious than water! 😂

So that's what I've been thinking about, am I on the track? Let me know. 


Jason @BeardedOverland www.beardedadv.blogspot.com

No comments:

Life update.